Since I had great success with the last dress, I decided that try again. It was driving me crazy that the neckband didn’t fit perfect on the gray dress. Practice makes perfect.
I decided to do Simplicity 2588 the same as the last post. In fact, I did the exact same dress. Guess I was being lazy because all the pieces were cut out for me already.
I went this time with this lovely silky fabric that just looked gorgeous to me!! I know I got it from Joann’s on clearance. It was one of their silky prints. But it was very thin.
This one went together very fast, considering me working full time, had a high schooler, and working out, while taking care of two dogs and husband.
I think it only took me two weeks to make this dress.
I really loved the blue colors and wish I could find something like this again. I have been on the lookout but haven’t seen anything. Let me know if any of you find anything like this!!!
Again, I thought I had did a great job with the construction.
I made on huge error, this fabric was so, so thin, it really needed a lining. In fact the first time I wore it, I ripped a hole in the material (at work!!). I was near the thigh.
Luckily it was a small hole, but one I could not figure out how to fix at that time.
I kept the dress with hopes of trying to repair it, but then eventually got rid of it because #1, weight came back on. #2 I think I would have to do a lining and maybe more stabilizers in places. I am not sure I even used any.
It wasn’t until later and a lot of Crafty classes that I learned about underlining, stabilizers, and linings.
Oh well, on to the next project!
Until next time, Cheerio!!