This Christmas I vowed to be more economical consoucious and am trying to make as many Christmas gifts as possible versus buying.
My two year old goes to daycare and there are 8 workers. Last year I did a variety basket for the workers that consisted of bath salts, eye masks, cozy socks, chocolate, and etc. But when all said and it was very costsly. Now I appreciate them a lot as they watch my little one all day. So I wanted something just as nice this year but a bit more personnel.
So why not infinity scarves???? I have 3 sisters, and 4 co-workers who we gift to. So this idea is perfect.
They are so easy to make. I ordered some sweater knits from Fabric Mart when they were on sale back in September. Since then i have been working on the scarves.
The great thing is that 2 yards makes 2 scarves!!!
It’s so easy. Unforantely, I have wrapped all of them up but one and I forgot to take pictures along the way. But here are the steps:
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise
- Cut along the fold all the way down the 2 yards lengthwise
- Take the fabric apart and take one piece
- Fold the right sides together and sew all the way down the side
- Take one side and pull it into the fabric and pull to the other side. Put your right sides together matching seams
- Sew all along leaving a 2 inch opening
- Turn it right side out
- Now slip stitch the opening
- You now have a scarf!!